This autism video is part of a series of autism videos from a half-hour special on autism. This segment is very informative and gives the signs, symptoms, and characteristics of autism at an early age. Autism can be diagnosed in children as young as 12 months old. This is extremely important because the studies have shown that the earlier treatment and therapy can begin, the better chance of success for that child later in life.
When autism is suspected in a young child, common things to look for include:
This video was taken at a Target store by the boy’s mother when he was seven years old. According to his mom, this repetitive behavior was going on for 15 minutes prior to being filmed. These types of repetitive activities are very typical for children with autism spectrum disorders.
Did You Know?
* In 1970, Autism affected 1 out of 10,000 children
* Autism now affects 1 out of 110 children
* Autism affects 1 in 70 boys
* 1.7 million Americans have some form of autism
* 4 out of 5 autistic children are boys
* Autism has an annual cost of $90 billion worldwide
* The estimated healthcare costs of someone with autism over their lifetime is $3.2 million
Diets: caveman, paleo, “ape,” low carb, low glycemic, zone, ketogenic, specific carbohydrate, GAPS, “grain brain,” “wheat belly”diet — why is there so much interest in these diets? What are they targeting? Is it gut dysbiosis/inflammation or food allergies, or insulin dysregulation, or gluten intolerance, the optimal primate food, or something else? Is there […]