Movie trailer and recap of the 2010 HBO Original Movie, Temple Grandin starring Claire Danes. This film has been recognized with numerous awards, including a Golden Globes Award for Claire Danes’ performance as Temple Grandin.
The movie is a semi-biographical account of Temple Grandin, who was diagnosed with autism at an early age and recommended to be institutionalized by doctors. However, she was able to overcome many obstacles and challenges along the way and be an incredible success and inspiration to many with autism.
Did You Know?
* In 1970, Autism affected 1 out of 10,000 children
* Autism now affects 1 out of 110 children
* Autism affects 1 in 70 boys
* 1.7 million Americans have some form of autism
* 4 out of 5 autistic children are boys
* Autism has an annual cost of $90 billion worldwide
* The estimated healthcare costs of someone with autism over their lifetime is $3.2 million
Below is an article contribution by Laura Chiltern, a mother of two boys, one of whom was recently diagnosed with epilepsy. Laura’s family experienced some very frightening times leading up… read more → […]