Debbie
(New Member)
12/31/06 01:00 PM
Re: I'm feeling frustrated

My son is now 9 years old, but was diagnosed at 2 1/2. I can still remember all that we went through that first year, trying to do the research and decide which treatment and therapies we should try. And then all the work to get our ABA program set up. But in the end it was all worth it.
The progress that he's made each year is amazing. The ABA program was vitally important to him. He's gone from almost zero receptive language, one or two words expressive to, not quite conversational language. Up until about April of this year, his language was all taught. However, this April we started him on Omega 3 and it's been amazing. We had to try several different brands before we found one he would take. He doesn't take pills so we squeeze the oil into his drink. Since April he's blown us away with his interaction. He's actually initiating conversation with us and at our Christmas party he actually initiated conversation with other adults he doesn't know very well. It's been amazing. I encourage you to do whatever it takes to keep your ABA program. Try Omega 3, it's an essential supplement that we all need, and check out the work at home businesses. I've been working from home since he was born and love to hear the cheers and giggles from him during his therapy from the other room.

Contact Us Autism