GabesMom
(New Member)
04/16/09 04:44 PM
Re: Gluten Free/Casein Free Diet

autismmom2967,
Hi there, I just started my 6 year old son on it yesterday. I have been putting it off for over a year, because I have been so intimidated by the thought of how hard it would be. But I finally decided that he was more important to me than inconvenience, so I just jumped in. I bought him Puffins, a healthy Gluten free cereal, and Vanilla soy milk. I am so new to this myself, but my understanding is Basically they can no longer have any type of wheat, barley, rye, or oats because they contain Glutens. You need to make sure the ingredients label says contains no wheat. Then you have to cut ALL dairy but eggs. So if the word casein, whey, or any other word containing the word casein is in the ingredients they can not have it. I just googled yesterday for about 3 hours and found tons of helpful information. I even discovered that my sons ibs and stomach cramps are most likley due to Gluten and Casein intolerance. If you want to knwo more please feel free to send me a private message and give me your e-mail address. I'll continue to share with you what I know and how it's going for us. It would be really nice to have someone else to do the same!
GabesMom

Contact Us Autism