(New Member)
05/19/07 02:43 PM
Re: maryland services

Regardless of what your state is telling you - If your child has an IEP remember that he has FEDERAL RIGHTS as a child with a disability under IDEA 2004 (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act) and NCLB (No Child Left Behind). I am a parent - not authorized to practice law - so I can only speak of my personal experience. We have fought the system (to a district administration and state department of education level) by knowing the ins and outs of these laws personally. IDEA ensures your child a Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) - at no cost to the family. Do you have Special Education Resource Centers in North Carolina? If so, you may be able to find a parent/child advocate who may be able to help you. If not, an attorney who specializes in Special Education Law might be able to help. It is so sad that it comes to this. Parents just should not have to work this hard to ensure a successful future for their kids. We, too, are moving and hoping to find a better future in CA for our son. Best of luck to you!

Contact Us Autism

Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5

Home - Autism Symptoms - Autism Videos - Autism Organizations - Autism Message Boards - Articles - Autism Recipes - Hyperlexia - Fragile X - Contact