nenec
(New Member)
07/22/08 09:48 PM
newbie... HELP!!!!!!

on sept 30 we will finally know the answer to the 10000000??? why ? does bobby do that ... he's been going to see our local intervetion for kids and he goes to their play group ... all that have been dealing with my son ... the pros say that he does show alot of red flags for autism ... but .. my family being my mother and father .. think that the people whi trained in this feild are all crack pots ... and i'm ready to crack .. they don't even want to hear autisim ... they think i'm making a big deal out nothing !!! help me deal with the back lash

MaryB69
(New Member)
07/28/08 01:35 AM
Re: newbie... HELP!!!!!!

I've been dealing with lots of those things as well. My in-laws think that my son is just a normal kid and that the only thing wrong is discipline problems. It drives me nuts!!

NicBrock
(New Member)
08/01/08 03:12 AM

When we were thinking something is not right we thought he could not hear; so, my son had grommits put in his ears. But, still no talking. Family/people said he will eventually. Not until he was in nursery school did they say that he needed to be checked out. Even at the day care center where he was 3 days a week (said he just does not come when he is called). So, we finally got a pediatric consultant and she diagnosed him as autistic. It was frustrating.

MKS
(New Member)
08/09/08 10:43 PM

My father-in-law hated the autism word and my son named after him was just a stranger. Today Richie is 13 and with all the time, money, and love spent on him, he's doing very well. My father-in-law missed out on a cool kid. Richie just won most popular and friendliest in his school last year. He got his black belt in Taekwondo and loves hanging with his friends. Ignore the negative advice and be pro-active in your sons future. All our kids have a great future. They just need us to guide their way. Richie is 13 and excited about driving. We hit all the go-cart tracks and he is an awesome driver. Everything is extra work, but it's worth every second spent!!!!

herres1228
(New Member)
08/11/08 09:37 PM

Hi! As a teacher of autism, I have attempted many different ways of teaching all different levels of autism. Please vist the below web-site as for teaching with music is a great source for not only children with autism, but children in general. Teaching starts from the home, so please post any other techniques you find helpful for your child that may help me more in my own classroom. The web-site is as follows:
www.learnourway.com

Jaimie123
(New Member)
09/15/08 02:27 PM

My daughter was diagnosed about two months ago and everyone said I was crazy that my daughter was just stubborn, it was irritating as her mother because I knew that it was something!!!!! So I deal with it by putting all of my effort and energy toward helping her. I am now a stay at home mom when I'd rather be working. I look at it this way someone out there has it worse than me I am grateful everyday for a small feat that we may have accomplished weeks prior rather than no feats at all. Everyone still says I am nuts, but I am the one who is with her all day everyday. What can you say but okay sure. My husband didn't even want my daughter to have therapy and we were seperated a while because of it, you just need to do what's best for your child and forget about everyone else! YOU are the parent you know best!

Contact Us Autism