Home - Autism Symptoms - Autism Videos - Autism Organizations - Autism Message Boards - Articles - Contact

DUE TO EXCESSIVE SPAM ON OUR MESSAGE BOARDS, NEW REGISTRATIONS HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

Autism Key Message Boards Discussion Forums

Disorders & Conditions >> Asperger's Syndrome (7-12 years old)

Pages: 1
henryd

Reged: 06/14/06
Our newly blended family
      #159 - 06/14/06 11:52 AM

Hello everyone,

We are a new posting member family faced with the challange of blending our recently formed brood of boys 7, 8 and 10...my 7 year old was diagnosed early on with AS and because of that we are challanged with the difficult task of assimilation. The behaviors most difficult for the boys to deal with are the excessive talking and his realizing their physical space. We would welcome any suggestions.

Thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Our newly blended family [Re: henryd]
      #169 - 06/18/06 07:22 PM

Hi! I have an 11 yo with AS and an almost 8 yo NT. When my aayo was younger he had a LOT of issues with personal space. Funny - it just seems to have gone away over the past year or so. Nothing that we did or didn't do - we would talk about it of course and point out when he was in someone's space - but other than that no big deal was made of it. Over time - with age and maturity I guess - it just went away. We actually just had his PPT meeting for next year and the social worker and speech ladies that run his social skills group just brought it up and said he no longer even needs to list it as a goal because he no longer exhibits the behavior. I guess what I am saying is point it out when he is doing it - show him how to properly place himself apart from others and over time I think he will just pick it up and it will become natural for him
Best wishes!

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Our newly blended family [Re: Anonymous]
      #191 - 06/22/06 12:47 PM

Thank You very much for your response. It was very reassuring to hear that my son may too grow in his social skills as he continues to mature. He is the greatest and I want only the best for him.

Thank you again for your thoughts

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 8730

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Autism