Home - Autism Symptoms - Autism Videos - Autism Organizations - Autism Message Boards - Articles - Contact

DUE TO EXCESSIVE SPAM ON OUR MESSAGE BOARDS, NEW REGISTRATIONS HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

Autism Key Message Boards Discussion Forums

General Discussion >> Best and Worst States for Autism Services

Pages: 1
junyto38

Reged: 11/05/10
Massachussetts
      #3841 - 11/05/10 01:16 AM

Hi i've been offered a job in mass.we live in ga and have a 3 year old and a 2 year both of them have been diagnosed with autism spectrum.here in ga the services are horrible.and the schools dont want this kids in their system.so will it be a good move to take this job in mass? just want my kids to have a chance in life.thank you.

Edited by Administrator (11/05/10 10:13 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
cchristian

Reged: 09/04/07
Re: need info on massachussetts please [Re: junyto38]
      #3855 - 11/05/10 10:10 AM

Get in touch with the Doug Flutie Foundation. They are the most prominent autism organization in MA and will be able to provide you with a list of services/grants that you will potentially have access to:

The Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation for Autism, Inc.
Framingham, MA 01701
1-866-3AUTISM
508-270-8855
http://www.dougflutiejrfoundation.org

Good luck....

junyto38

Reged: 11/05/10
Re: need info on massachussetts please [Re: cchristian]
      #3859 - 11/05/10 12:07 PM

thank you so much.

Senahmommy

Reged: 11/29/10
Re: need info on massachussetts please [Re: junyto38]
      #4440 - 11/29/10 12:49 PM

I'm presently living in Upstate NY and I have an 11 year old son with autism. He has significant verbal
delays and is presently in a 6:1:4 placement. While NYS is great for services for him, employment has been sporatic for me here. I'm a single mom (divorced) with two kids (9 and 11) and I need to relocate to an area where I can find suitable employment and I can find quality services for my son, not to mention a meaningful support system for me. I have an Masters in Education and I want to teach at the community college level. I welcome information about autism programs, State Medicaid Waiver status and employment leads.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4121

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Autism