Home - Autism Symptoms - Autism Videos - Autism Organizations - Autism Message Boards - Articles - Contact

DUE TO EXCESSIVE SPAM ON OUR MESSAGE BOARDS, NEW REGISTRATIONS HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

Autism Key Message Boards Discussion Forums

Disorders & Conditions >> PDD-NOS (7-12 years old)

Pages: 1
ppremo

Reged: 03/14/07
please help
      #404 - 03/15/07 12:16 AM

Hi my name is Paula and I just found out yesterday that my son has pdd nos. He is 7 now, but I suspected for a long time that something was wrong. He has had special services since he was 18 months, but no one was comfortable "giving him a label." Well here is my first of many questions I am sure. Right now we live in Lincoln Nebraska, but our house is on the market because we have been relocated. My husband got a job in Lafayette Louisiana. When I spoke with the doctors yesterday, they did not have any positive insight for me to help my son when it came to services and schools for that state. Does anyone know of where in Louisiana that we can get good services and schools. I have told my husband that if we have to be a weekend couple for 1-2 years then we will. (we don't plan on being there long)Please if anyone has any input for me I would love to hear it because I just don't know where to go or even where to start looking. Thank you

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Momof2ASD

Reged: 11/03/07
Re: please help [Re: ppremo]
      #606 - 11/03/07 06:34 PM

Contact the department of developmental disabilities for Louisiana they will tell you the process and how long it will take to get services. I am currently checking into Illinois and Washington state for the same reasons. Here in Arizona we get a lot of services. Hope this helps

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 7233

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Autism