Home - Autism Symptoms - Autism Videos - Autism Organizations - Autism Message Boards - Articles - Contact

DUE TO EXCESSIVE SPAM ON OUR MESSAGE BOARDS, NEW REGISTRATIONS HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

Autism Key Message Boards Discussion Forums

General Discussion >> Best and Worst States for Autism Services

Pages: 1
charlene

Reged: 03/25/07
Colorado
      #454 - 05/18/07 10:40 AM

Thanks Bob for your important message . I live in Colorado where we get no services. I recently be falsely accused of child sexual abuse in which I finially had all charges dropped and my son remains forever out of the horrid Colorado public school system. We were a military family.

WE had excelent services in Pemberton Township New Jersey. I thought it be a great idea we move to Trinidad Colorado where I grew up at. Big mistake. The local schools would only give him a few hours a day. They loose him and on top of it all they would strip him naked looking for abuse to document. This year I moved to Pueblo WEst Colorado where I was falsely accused of sexual abuse.

Family support is nonexistant. Colorado is local control and one doesnt know what there going to get from one county to another. Las Animas county refused to help me with family support and Pueblo county has this huge waiting list.

Colorado people only care about parks, roads and recreation. Education is a joke here. Part B funds are spent on gifted students because Colorado taxpayers feel taht special needs children like my son are a waste of there monies. We want to move and this time we are sure to do our homework. Bob you are helping us prevent another Colorado incident.

Thank you
Charlene

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
vesmom07

Reged: 07/17/07
Re: Colorado [Re: charlene]
      #481 - 07/20/07 10:41 PM

I am sorry to hear about what happened to you. That was so wrong. While I agree there are no public free services, there are plenty of good private providers. I am a recent Coloradan, just moved here from Los Angeles, CA and while Los Angeles does have the Regional Center, I was using private providers there as well. It was more important that my child be raised in a clean, crime free, affordable home than a tiny overpriced 2bdrm apt. I found excellent providers here so far, and she has continued to make excellent progress. She is high-functioning, but still requires speech, OT and social skills. I wish the state offered more, but I continue to work so that I can pay for good private providers.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 8266

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Autism