Home - Autism Symptoms - Autism Videos - Autism Organizations - Autism Message Boards - Articles - Contact

DUE TO EXCESSIVE SPAM ON OUR MESSAGE BOARDS, NEW REGISTRATIONS HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

Autism Key Message Boards Discussion Forums

Disorders & Conditions >> PDD-NOS (3-6 years old)

Pages: 1
nickyg

Reged: 07/02/07
Loc: northern va
Playgroup in Northern VA for kids on the spectrum
      #476 - 07/02/07 04:40 PM

I am in the Northern Virginia area and am interested in starting a playgroup for children on the spectrum. I have a 3 year old son with PDD-NOS who currently attends various types of camps and therapies. It is all very expensive and yet seems to be crucial to his development. I have sat in on some of the sessions, and although I am not a therapist, I believe that with the right group of motivated parents, I could replicate some of what I see done. And I don't think that most standard playgroups are structured enough to achieve the same results.

Some ideas that I have include arts/crafts activities, activities geared toward improving social skills, activities revolved around eating and food tolerance, playground activities, activities that will increase language... The list goes on and on. ..

Please contact me if you are interested in trying to set up a weekly structured playgroup for your child. I am open to ideas, as I know many of you also are loaded with them. :O)

Nicole

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
jettsmom

Reged: 11/28/09
Loc: Ashburn VA
Re: Playgroup in Northern VA for kids on the spect [Re: nickyg]
      #1032 - 11/28/09 02:05 PM

Hi Nicole

Did you ever get a play group started? I would be interested!

Bobbi

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6150

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Autism