Home - Autism Symptoms - Autism Videos - Autism Organizations - Autism Message Boards - Articles - Contact

DUE TO EXCESSIVE SPAM ON OUR MESSAGE BOARDS, NEW REGISTRATIONS HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

Autism Key Message Boards Discussion Forums

Treatments & Therapies >> Gluten Free Casein Free Diet (GFCF)

Pages: 1
MissSarah

Reged: 07/12/07
Gluten Free/Casein Free Diet
      #478 - 07/12/07 04:23 PM

Hi everyone,

I am new here and want to introduce myself. my name is Sarah and i live in Nashville, TN. I'm 27 and having been teaching children with autism for the last 6 years. I love my job and with a lot of hard work, I believe that we can make a difference in the lives of all children with autism.
In addition to teaching, I am a full time Master's Degree student. As part of my graduation requirements i have to do a research project, and I am doing my research on the Gluten Free/Casein Free diet and its affects on behavior in children with autism. If you would be willing to help me out on my research I would greatly appreciate it. If you have a child or have had a child on the diet and would be willing to complete a brief survey about your experiences, I would greatly appreciate it. All responses will remain completely anonymous and will be used to help determine the effectiveness of the diet. I will happily share any results with you upon the completion of the project.

To take the survey, please use the following link. http://www.zoomerang.com/recipient/survey.zgi?p=WEB226PM983RX4

Again, ALL ANSWERS WILL BE COMPLETELY ANONYMOUS!

If you have any questions, please e-mail me directly at sbshuster@gmail.com and I will happily answer any questions you may have.

Thanks for your help! If you know of anyone else who has a child on the diet, please pass this survey along to them.

Thank you!

Sarah Shuster

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
autismmom2967

Reged: 12/30/08
Loc: NC
Re: Gluten Free/Casein Free Diet [Re: MissSarah]
      #865 - 12/30/08 09:35 PM

I'm interested in starting my 6 yr old son on gluten free casein free diet and don't know where to start could u help me?

GabesMom

Reged: 04/15/09
Loc: United States
Re: Gluten Free/Casein Free Diet [Re: autismmom2967]
      #914 - 04/16/09 04:44 PM

autismmom2967,
Hi there, I just started my 6 year old son on it yesterday. I have been putting it off for over a year, because I have been so intimidated by the thought of how hard it would be. But I finally decided that he was more important to me than inconvenience, so I just jumped in. I bought him Puffins, a healthy Gluten free cereal, and Vanilla soy milk. I am so new to this myself, but my understanding is Basically they can no longer have any type of wheat, barley, rye, or oats because they contain Glutens. You need to make sure the ingredients label says contains no wheat. Then you have to cut ALL dairy but eggs. So if the word casein, whey, or any other word containing the word casein is in the ingredients they can not have it. I just googled yesterday for about 3 hours and found tons of helpful information. I even discovered that my sons ibs and stomach cramps are most likley due to Gluten and Casein intolerance. If you want to knwo more please feel free to send me a private message and give me your e-mail address. I'll continue to share with you what I know and how it's going for us. It would be really nice to have someone else to do the same!
GabesMom

curiousGFwriter

Reged: 05/04/11
Re: Gluten Free/Casein Free Diet [Re: MissSarah]
      #5462 - 05/04/11 10:22 AM

Hi Sarah-

I'm a freelance writer from Los Angeles. I'm currently doing research on the connection between gluten and autism for an article I'm working on. It's for a writing class at UCLA and ultimately the article will be pitched it to a national publication.

I've had articles published on Patch/AOL that you can check out here:
http://studiocity.patch.com/search?keywords=jennifer+parratt

I would love to interview you about your research project. Are you interested in speaking with me?

Thanks so much!

Jennifer

Steph_McNerlin

Reged: 05/16/11
Loc: Reno, NV
Re: Gluten Free/Casein Free Diet [Re: curiousGFwriter]
      #5580 - 05/16/11 05:04 PM

I have tried the diet along with removing all toxic products from my home. Instead of shopping at the store for my cleaning and beauty supplies I now shop with a company online and receive all natural products. I feel that the combination of the two strategies together have really made a difference in my child's life. He is 7 and extremely autistic. The thing I like about natural products is that my son gets into things and he climbs and is always looking for trouble! lol With all the natural products I dont have to worry! Plus I have really noticed a difference! So to answer your question I think that the diet is definitely worth a try! You never know what is going to work for each individual person!

--------------------
http://www.ahealthcafe.com/greenforme

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 11252

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Autism