Home - Autism Symptoms - Autism Videos - Autism Organizations - Autism Message Boards - Articles - Contact

DUE TO EXCESSIVE SPAM ON OUR MESSAGE BOARDS, NEW REGISTRATIONS HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

Autism Key Message Boards Discussion Forums

General Discussion >> New Member Area

Pages: 1
tmdj06

Reged: 11/23/07
2 year old autistic son
      #611 - 11/23/07 05:39 AM

My son has not been officially diagnosed but I know the behaviors and h is being evaluated to see if he is on the autism spectrum. Now i know that the spinning, tantrums, staring behavior, all of the basic symptoms, most of which he shows. Now I have a question that may sound like I'm being crude, but i am genuinely curious. My son has recently started showing signs that he is ready to potty train. He has also started holding his pee lately, and being a big boy, when he finally does go, he usually pees right through the diaper. Toninght he peed through his diaper, and instead of just rolling off to the side and going back to sleep like he usually does, (he sleeps very little, but when he does it is almost impossible to raise him), he just laid in it and screamed. When i went to chaeck on him he was also licking it off his mattress in between screams. He had it in his eyes, and wasn't attempting to wipe them like he normally does when something is irritating them. He has already experienced some lnguage regression, so mu question is this, has anything similiar happened to anyone on this board. I am concerned that he could be losing some of his logic skills, and I really don't want that to happen. I am willing to do whatever I have to to help my son.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
luvnit

Reged: 10/17/07
Re: 2 year old autistic son [Re: tmdj06]
      #612 - 11/26/07 11:04 AM

I always tell parents (mothers especially), use your intuition. It is the single most important skill you have as a parent to help figure out what is best for your child.

A while back my daughter was having severe tantrums, I was unable to console her, I feared she would hurt herself severely. Eventually I figured out she was severly constipated. Every once in a while this issue resurfaces and we go on a laxitive regimen and she gets better.

What I am trying to say is this:

Stay in tune to your child and his needs. I am sure you can figure out what is best for him and what his needs are. I would also look into a Sleep Number bed if he is not sleeping well. They can be so helpful for sleeping and sensory issues.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 8727

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Autism