Home - Autism Symptoms - Autism Videos - Autism Organizations - Autism Message Boards - Articles - Contact

DUE TO EXCESSIVE SPAM ON OUR MESSAGE BOARDS, NEW REGISTRATIONS HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

Autism Key Message Boards Discussion Forums

Disorders & Conditions >> Asperger's Syndrome (13-17 years old)

Pages: 1
WhiteLilac

Reged: 06/09/06
Loc: Illinois
Introduction
      #117 - 06/09/06 08:39 AM

I am mother to Mark, 15 y.o. son with HFA/Aspergers. We are doing Biomedical and chelating with TD-DMSA and TD-EDTA. Fantastic results so far. My son receives no other interventions. My son does not attend public school.

--------------------
Lila
mom to Mark, age 15
HFA/Aspergers

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Introduction [Re: WhiteLilac]
      #127 - 06/09/06 09:30 PM

Hi - I'm John's mother. He is will be 17 shortly. Attends vocational school. Has come such a long way since early intervention. rx - adhd & aspergers. great kid, happy, has made big strides but is typical aspergers.

WhiteLilac

Re: Introduction [Re: Anonymous]
      #129 - 06/09/06 11:20 PM

How young was he when he was first diagnosed?

--------------------
Lila
mom to Mark, age 15
HFA/Aspergers

btiger1426

Loc: pennsyvlania
      #134 - 06/10/06 11:25 AM

response to whitelilac - our son was around 6. he was first diagnosed with adhd at 3, entered the early intervention program. he had a hard time starting meds. we finally found a neurologist we could work with and she mentioned to us that our son had strong as characteristics.

iambobbie2

Reged: 06/11/06
Loc: Kansas
      #139 - 06/11/06 01:52 PM

Hi Lila, nice to meet you...I have a 14 yr old son that will be 15 in August, he will be a sophomore in high school and attends public school. He is doing very well!

Bobbie
Mom to Vance, age 14
Aspergers/ADHD/Tourettes Syndrome

WhiteLilac

Re: Introduction [Re: iambobbie2]
      #172 - 06/18/06 11:32 PM

Are you doing any biomedical?

Whereabouts in Kansas? We'll be coming to KC area this next weekend.

Lila

--------------------
Lila
mom to Mark, age 15
HFA/Aspergers

AspieOKC

Reged: 07/20/06
Loc: Oklahoma City, OK
      #211 - 07/20/06 09:19 PM

Hello everyone,
My son, Brandon is a 14-y.o diagnosed with Asperger’s last fall, he is a typical Aspie in the social and emotional contexts. As parents we initiated the counseling and diagnosis process, knowing that the issues we had faced for over two years were not “age and stage” related. As his mother I knew there was more to what was going on plus all the differences I’d seen in Brandon and his peers for too many years. After we received the same diagnoses from two different psychologists we notified his school and it then took nine months to get Brandon tested through the school district for special education services. Although he has been determined eligible it was the day before the school classes were over for the year before we had the first IEP meeting so needless to say that is an on going fight to get him a well worked and established plan. The reason for all the hurdles is because to most people our son is just one of those really bright quirky kids especially since Brandon attended Montessori school till third grade, when based on grades and test scores we switched to public schools with advanced placement classes. Right now Brandon is away from home for the first time attending a special summer camp; we have high expectations of his camp experience.
~Sheila

Sherri

Reged: 07/30/07
Loc: Lee's Summit, MO
      #496 - 07/30/07 11:47 AM

I am mother to Jake. He is 14 years old. He was diagnosed with PDD-NOS when he was five years old. He was diagnosed with Kanner's Syndrome (early infantile autism) when he was 12 years old by the Autism Research Institute E2. He was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, Inattentive ADHD, and Dysgraphia when he was 13.

I tend to believe that he falls somewhere in the middle. He had signs of autism from birth. There was never any regression. He had speech delays. He has an above average IQ. He doesn't really seek out friends. He likes to be alone.

I am the co-founder of the Lee's Summit Autism Support Group. My co-founder and I started our group in November, 2006. We are working with other families to make much needed changes in the education system in the state of Missouri.

--------------------
Sherri Tucker
Co-founder Lee's Summit Autism Support Group

spunkyso

Reged: 12/11/07
      #620 - 12/11/07 10:27 AM

Hi! I'm curious when you started the chelation etc...My son is 12 and I only know people much younger using more of the biomed approach. We use the diet, (GF and Feingold)as our main intervention up to this point, which has been great for him. Thank you.

Melinda

Reged: 08/31/08
Loc: Ca, USA
Re: Introduction [Re: spunkyso]
      #803 - 08/31/08 06:39 PM

Hi, My son Jacob was diagnosed with Aspergers in November. He is 13. I knew from birth there was something going on with him, but was told he was "shy", or "stubborn" even "uncontrollable". We were happy to know we werent crazy, but are at a loss of where to go now...We live in a very small town, and are at a loss of where to go to have him tested further. Any help of where to look would be great. Thank you

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 24460

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Autism