Home - Autism Symptoms - Autism Videos - Autism Organizations - Autism Message Boards - Articles - Contact

DUE TO EXCESSIVE SPAM ON OUR MESSAGE BOARDS, NEW REGISTRATIONS HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

Autism Key Message Boards Discussion Forums

General Discussion >> New Member Area

Pages: 1
waarce

Reged: 01/06/08
Toddler Diagnosed with Autism (Moderate)
      #630 - 01/06/08 06:40 PM

I am new here. I have a two year son who is diagnosed with Autism. He is verbal, but does not make sentences. He does not like solid foods that much, but likes soups, but eats to little of if to provide enough nutrition. Currently taking 5 cans of Pediasure.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
cchristian

Reged: 09/04/07
Re: Toddler Diagnosed with Autism (Moderate) [Re: waarce]
      #631 - 01/07/08 09:34 AM

Couple of things jumped out at me from your post.

1) A two year old who is verbal but not making sentences is not that abnormal. Age two is a bit young for a diagnosis, have you sought a second opinion?

2) If your son does have autism, you probably want to get him off the Pediasure. This product has milk and soy, two ingredients that have been known to exacerbate autism symptoms. Try rice or potato milk instead.

You may see a big difference once the Pediasure is eliminated. Do some research on the effects of Casein (protein found in milk & dairy products) on children with autism and you will definitely think twice about giving him the Pediasure.
THIS IS A MUST READ: http://www.karlloren.com/Diabetes/p86.htm

There are other ways to get him his nutrients he needs....the soups are great...but also, there are vitamins that can be ground down into his food/soup, etc.

Hope this helps.

waarce

Reged: 01/06/08
Re: Toddler Diagnosed with Autism (Moderate) [Re: cchristian]
      #632 - 01/07/08 03:50 PM

There are two opinions from two different group of experts. My son does exhibit the bizarre behaviors associated with Autism. With respect to the Pediasure, he is doing a lot better with it, than with anything else. Soups he will do sometimes, but not all the time. He eating is very erratic since he does not want to put anything in his mouth, just lick everything like a lolly pop. If I put anything in a sippy cup he would spill it out of his mouth, so he is bottle fed. The pediausure that my son takes is soy based, has not glutten and no lactose.

He does have echolalia, spins, obsesions with wheels (cars), violent meltdowns, problems with transitions. Sorry, I did not write enough, but the baby takes a lot of time an effort care for.

Currently, he is attending an Early Start Program, which is a therapy based preschool. However, today it was not a good day and kept melting down, throwing himself on the floor, would not eat and was all around difficult.

Thanks for responding and the information.

Regards,
WAARCE

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 11633

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Autism