Home - Autism Symptoms - Autism Videos - Autism Organizations - Autism Message Boards - Articles - Contact

DUE TO EXCESSIVE SPAM ON OUR MESSAGE BOARDS, NEW REGISTRATIONS HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

Autism Key Message Boards Discussion Forums

General Discussion >> Best and Worst States for Autism Services

Pages: 1
monica123

Reged: 02/21/08
Oregon
      #678 - 02/21/08 03:22 AM

Anyone have any info on oregon? i currently live in so. cal.
thanks

Edited by Administrator (03/11/08 03:27 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
provider

Reged: 06/21/08
Re: Oregon [Re: monica123]
      #756 - 06/21/08 12:53 AM

oregon is terrible in my opinion. That's where I am now. There is little help in the form of funding or assistance. They have the ESD (educational services district) that is supposed to provide services for children with disabilities but I worked in an autism room for 3 months and quit because I couldn't stand watching what was happening. Programs were marked as completed and filed away when they child never actually achieved success. Others were marked as unachievable...clapping hands...for children who could definitely have had success but the teachers were too clueless. I'm trying to get out of here and also looking. I have worked with children with Autism for years and want to find a state that is good for us all.

myspecialboy

Reged: 10/23/08
Re: Oregon [Re: provider]
      #832 - 10/23/08 03:03 PM

Where are you at in Oregon. Daniel my oldest has received some awsome services here in Central Oregon. He goes to Lapine Elementary and has been mainstreamed into the regular classroom this year. His special education teachers have been just wonderful for him. I can't give enough praise and thanks to Sue, Phyllis and Brad for working with Daniel. Think I will stick to Oregon

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 9523

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Autism