Home - Autism Symptoms - Autism Videos - Autism Organizations - Autism Message Boards - Articles - Contact

DUE TO EXCESSIVE SPAM ON OUR MESSAGE BOARDS, NEW REGISTRATIONS HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

Autism Key Message Boards Discussion Forums

General Discussion >> Best and Worst States for Autism Services

Pages: 1
wendyh

Reged: 09/30/07
Missouri? how is it?
      #697 - 03/22/08 12:45 PM

I was wondering if anyone lives in Missouri and how the service are there? Our family is thinking about moving and this one of the top places on our list. I know that it made the top five list but I would really like to know more from families that really live there and use services. We currently live in Pa (which did not make the list but is a great place for service) but the cost of living is becoming to high here. If anyone has any input I would be grateful. The area we are looking at is in Webster County.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
cchristian

Reged: 09/04/07
Re: Missouri? how is it? [Re: wendyh]
      #700 - 03/23/08 01:26 PM

This was posted on another forum:

As someone from Missouri which made the top five listing of Best States for Autism, let me just say that you can't believe everything you read. Missouri is NOT a good state for services for autism. I live in the No. 2 rated district in the state - Lee's Summit, just south of Kansas City. Lee's Summit is a great district for typical children but the autism population, specifically, is treated like an ugly stepchild. There are several due process hearings against Lee's Summit currently that revolve around children with autism.

The other services listed for Missouri was the Thompson Center at MU and the Judevine Consultation Center. Both of these centers are top knotch but Judevine is not state-wide. It is located in St. Louis and is only available in the middle and right side of the state. The Thompson Center only offers diagnostics and assessments. It is trying to open a school for children with autism but it is not open at present.

Thanks,
Joyce Lindsey

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 8450

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Autism