Home - Autism Symptoms - Autism Videos - Autism Organizations - Autism Message Boards - Articles - Contact

DUE TO EXCESSIVE SPAM ON OUR MESSAGE BOARDS, NEW REGISTRATIONS HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

Autism Key Message Boards Discussion Forums

Disorders & Conditions >> Classic Autism (Adults)

Pages: 1
marti

Reged: 04/22/08
No friends
      #729 - 04/22/08 10:45 PM

My son is 18, he has not had a friend since 1st grade. I am divorced and he lives with me. I think that I am his best friend - only friend, but I would like to think that he will have a chance to have friendships above and beyond family. We live in a very small town filled with an abundance of over achievers who do not want to associate with my son or myself. I have a very nice boyfriend of 6 years who is afraid to commit because the future is a mystery concerning my son. ( Am I whining? Because I don't mean to... ) There is just no one to talk to here.

Hello World...

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jeremy

Reged: 05/28/08
Loc: Lytton Iowa Sac County U...
Re: No friends [Re: marti]
      #748 - 05/28/08 07:58 PM

Was reading your post and it really hit home- My son is also 18 and does not have any real friends!! His classmates do not include him or invite him to social functions. He does have a friend that is 3 yrs. younger. As Jeremy matures he sees that he does not fit in as he does not have a girlfriend and does not like to participate in the activities that go with being 18!! He loves video games and would play them for 24 hrs. a day if I let him!!! He has had a reaaly stressful school year with not having anyone to go to prom with and sitting alone at school functions, being teased, called names, and having money stolen from him. He has gotten to the point whre he wants to be home schooled and not even go on to his senior year. He will be attending a forum in July in Ames, IA. for kids with disabilities. He was chosen out of 25 from accross the state. We live in rural Iowa in a town of about 350. Jeremy drives 12 miles one way to school. He has a part time job this summer working at a restaurant in town! Hopefully this will give him some confidence and show him how to be responsible. Our future is unsure but we do know that with a lot of love and support we can work together to ensure that this young man is special!!!

suet003

Reged: 10/13/09
Loc: Washington, DC
Re: No friends [Re: marti]
      #1018 - 10/13/09 09:14 PM

Would it help to type in your information on the part of this forum that helps you find friends for the adult and for the autistic individual in your area. Maybe you can end up bonding with someone not too far away.

autti34

Reged: 03/30/11
Re: No friends [Re: suet003]
      #5207 - 03/30/11 08:24 PM

friends are hard .i allways struggle with friends an it got hader as i got older but once i stared going to this over camp for people with all kind of disibly .i have autism

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 8605

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Autism