Home - Autism Symptoms - Autism Videos - Autism Organizations - Autism Message Boards - Articles - Contact

DUE TO EXCESSIVE SPAM ON OUR MESSAGE BOARDS, NEW REGISTRATIONS HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

Autism Key Message Boards Discussion Forums

Disorders & Conditions >> Classic Autism (3-6 years old)

Pages: 1
Rhonda

Reged: 12/06/05
Hello! *DELETED*
      #4 - 12/06/05 12:07 PM

Post deleted by Administrator

Edited by Administrator (12/06/05 12:33 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
chatterbox1922

Reged: 12/07/05
Re: Hello! [Re: Rhonda]
      #6 - 12/07/05 12:39 AM

Hello Everyone..
My name is "Chatterbox1922" that is my name [my real name is Eileen] cuz I talk so much...not really but some say I do. I just can't help it. After having seven kids what does one expect? I am married and have been married for 22 yrs. and we have five girls and two boys. Joseph is our oldest boy 7 yrs. old he has D.S. [Down Syndrome] and was dx just last week by the school as having moderate to severe autism and then we have our youngest boy Caleb who is 4 yrs. old and is mild to moderate autisic and caleb LOVES TO RUN AND CLIMB and JUMP! I am forever keeping my eyes on him. We live in the lower part of Michigan and we love it here. we were both born and raised here and when we had our first girl we decided to move back to our home town and i am so happy that we did.

thanks for letting me chat...

chatterbox1922

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Hello! [Re: chatterbox1922]
      #7 - 12/07/05 12:57 AM

Hi Chatter,

My heart goes out to u....you definately have your hands full!

vicki

Reged: 12/08/05
Re: Hello! [Re: Anonymous]
      #14 - 12/08/05 02:44 AM

I am vicki. I just joined too. We have 7 kids too. Yours mine and ours. Our youngest Kyle 3 has Down Syndrome and Scott has moderate autism. Then we have 3 girls and 2 boys.
We also live in lower MI.
Vicki

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Hello! [Re: vicki]
      #284 - 11/16/06 01:10 PM

hey vicki,
where do you live in michigan? now i am really having a hard time with the boys...joseph has down syndrome and is 8 and just got hearing aids yesterday and all day yesterday he took them out and started swinging them (he loves twirling things) so this morning i took him to school and they found that he has head lice now...i think to myself...OH GREAT NOW I HAVE THIS TO DEAL WITH DON'T I HAVE ENOUGH TO DO WITHOUT THIS???? Talk to you soon...eileen

jean

Reged: 12/06/06
Re: Hello! [Re: Anonymous]
      #315 - 12/06/06 07:53 PM

Hi everyone! How exciting it is to 'meet' you all.
Rhonda, I 'think' I am a member of your group. I belong to several support groups.
It is MHO that one can never have too much money, too much chocolate, or too much support.

My son is 5 and he has classic (infantile Autism) he is non verbal, has SPD and many many 'behaviors of' that are not stand alone dx, but are part of his autism...He also has the sweetest smile
I hope to get to know you and your children and to both receive and give support in this journey called autism.

--------------------
Jean
Lucky Mom to Pooh.
He may not speak, but he has plenty to say.....

Abby

Reged: 12/07/06
Re: Hello! [Re: jean]
      #316 - 12/07/06 03:49 PM

Hi. My 2 year old son was diagnosed last week with autism. He is currently in the First Steps program receiving S.T. and O.T. once a week for an hour each. The doctor has recommended more S.T. so I found another therapist in the area. I'm just feeling really lost right now. Any suggestions on where to start?

Leslie

Reged: 12/08/06
Re: Hello! [Re: Abby]
      #317 - 12/08/06 03:37 PM

I have an 11 year old classic autistic son. This is the first time I have written in one of these so hopefully I won't get too emotional. My son is the youngest of two. He has come a long way but still has so far to go. I feel like I am helpless or that I am not doing enough.

I only have one I don't know how you do it with more than one disability especially 7 kids total.

Thanks,
Leslie

jean

Reged: 12/06/06
Re: Hello! [Re: Leslie]
      #318 - 12/10/06 05:17 PM

Leslie, I know what you mean about hoping you can say / type something without being overcome with emotion. I will never for get the first time I went to a meeting of our local chapter of ASA, I cried and blubbered and no one could understand a single word I said...

--------------------
Jean
Lucky Mom to Pooh.
He may not speak, but he has plenty to say.....

Leslie

Reged: 12/08/06
Re: Hello! [Re: jean]
      #320 - 12/11/06 01:43 PM

Jean,
I really thought I was over alot of that by now. We have lived with this for 9 years. But, I don't think I will ever really get over the guilt, anger, and helpless feeling.

When my son was first diagnosed we were told "he would never be able to communicate or live on his own". I just could not accept that. We searched and searched for a program in our area that would give him something because there is no clear direction (I think that is what makes me soo angry). We ended up finding a program that we use some state funding and pay some out of pocket but it was 1.5 hours away (one way). But, we did it anyway... I worked full time took a 2 hour lunch everyday and took him to school and went back to work to finish my 8 hour day. He would tantrum so bad (biting, kicking, screaming).

I read through this post and my heart goes out to each of you. It is a real rough life. I try to stay positive but I guess it really depends on how my son is acting that day.

Leslie

Mom2Shawn

Reged: 12/13/06
Loc: NC USA
Re: Hello! [Re: Leslie]
      #330 - 12/19/06 03:12 PM

Hi I am new here My son Shawn was just diagnosed with Mild to moderate autism he is a very smart and happy little boy.
He is our 4th child and he is 5 years old now.

--------------------
Marie Bill Sara Adam Ian Shawn
socks lilly zoie lacey

Liamsmama05

Reged: 05/10/08
Loc: Ohio
Re: Hello! [Re: Mom2Shawn]
      #741 - 05/10/08 04:03 PM

I'm Angel. My 2nd son Liam (age3) was Dx'd w/ classic autism just on May 7th, 2008. We have been married 19 years, and were unable to get preg for the 1st 10 years. My firstborn, a girl, is almost 8 and is very bright. Then came Liam, and I have an 8 month old little boy that I'm constantly worried about! Liam is in O.T/S.T an hour (alternating therapies) every monday morning.It is hard to manage much in our budget. I'm looking forward to meeting some new friends who are too struggling to cope with autistic child/children. Liam is a mostly pleasant, content child. He makes LOUD vocalizations though, very annoying AND a bit embarrassing when we're out. He flaps quite a bit. Must have his binky. Eating is extremely limited. Also having constipation issues frequently. Love to talk...

Angel

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 27706

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Autism