Home - Autism Symptoms - Autism Videos - Autism Organizations - Autism Message Boards - Articles - Contact

DUE TO EXCESSIVE SPAM ON OUR MESSAGE BOARDS, NEW REGISTRATIONS HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

Autism Key Message Boards Discussion Forums

General Discussion >> Best and Worst States for Autism Services

Pages: 1
waarce

Reged: 01/06/08
California
      #633 - 01/07/08 04:03 PM

California is only as good as the Service Coordinator from the Regional Center that arrange services for your child. Mine is not that good. My son needs five different kind of therapies, but so far he is receiving only one arranged by the Regional Center. My insurance company is providing some OT/SI and Speach Therapy after a major grievance was filed against thems. Currently, I had to take my insurance carrier, KAISER PERMANENTE, to the Independent Medical Review Board for not meeting the standards of adequate care. My son, after close to five months, has not been properly evaluated by KAISER. He is receiving some services from the latter, after the Pediatric Neurologist examined him to address a feeding concern.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
lovemyson

Reged: 05/21/08
Loc: CA
Re: California [Re: waarce]
      #751 - 06/06/08 07:20 PM

I agree that what kind of services your child recieves can be affected with the kind of service coordinator you have. However, Regional Center in California also provides some wonderful perks that many states do not. Your child may qualify for free diapers and respite care (not to mention they pay for your child's ABA program). Regional is not responsible for speech/OT and PT (at least not after 3 yrs of age), the school district is. So remember that California is pretty good considering when it comes to children w/ special needs. Other states do not provide any of these services.

lovemyson

Reged: 05/21/08
Loc: CA
Re: California [Re: lovemyson]
      #752 - 06/06/08 07:23 PM

One last thing.... when all else fails... get an advocate! Worth the money, time and stress. It has does wonders for services both with the school district and regional center.

needlewitch

Reged: 04/02/09
Loc: Small town USA
Re: California [Re: waarce]
      #907 - 04/11/09 06:13 PM

Hello... I'm new here... Yes I agree California Regional Center It's as good as you can get if you can get anything. It also depends in what county you live in and what small town you live in that county. The smaller the town you'd be lucky to get Respite Care Services,

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 11626

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Autism