Home - Autism Symptoms - Autism Videos - Autism Organizations - Autism Message Boards - Articles - Contact

DUE TO EXCESSIVE SPAM ON OUR MESSAGE BOARDS, NEW REGISTRATIONS HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

Autism Key Message Boards Discussion Forums

General Discussion >> Best and Worst States for Autism Services

Pages: 1
garnet39

Reged: 07/07/08
Loc: new port richey Florida
i need help!
      #764 - 07/07/08 08:25 AM

i am new to this post,i can say is services here are o.k.
my husband drives trucks for a living and wants to move out to greensville N.C.I have made a few calls to see what services are available for my 6 yr old that was diagnosed at 18 mths with autism.My son is in a great school has a fantastic developmental pediatrician,he gets SSI and we have florida medicaid with covers everything.my ? is are there good services in that area?I am afraid of just going to another state with my eyes closed and finding out after i get there that i made a big mistake.Also are son likes to run off and we have him on Project lifesaver which is an ankle bracelet with a tracing system that if he takes off,I call 911 and they would have helicopters out immediately and that would help locate him it 9is also waterproof.I have not checked out if this system is in other states but it is a lifesaver.my son being non verbal makes it hard for communication we are still working on getting consistent with his use of PECS-picture exchange communication system
i would appreciate any info or advice

--------------------
maria z smith

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 24 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5202

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Autism