Home - Autism Symptoms - Autism Videos - Autism Organizations - Autism Message Boards - Articles - Contact

DUE TO EXCESSIVE SPAM ON OUR MESSAGE BOARDS, NEW REGISTRATIONS HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

Autism Key Message Boards Discussion Forums

General Discussion >> New Member Area

Pages: 1
ateam

Reged: 07/26/08
teaching the alphabet to preschool autistic child?
      #777 - 07/26/08 09:52 AM

I am wondering if anyone can give me some ideas about how to teach a young autistic child to learn the alphabet and numbers. He knows some letters and numbers but it is inconsistent at best.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mexdgo

Reged: 07/28/08
Loc: NJ
Re: teaching the alphabet to preschool autistic child? [Re: ateam]
      #781 - 07/28/08 11:07 AM

Hi ateam
Teaching the alphabet to an autistic child,like anything else with autistic children, is different in every case. My new company Room 52 Publications has begun creating workbook materials to tackle this exact subject. Until now there have not been any materials out there with which to teach these basic skills. I got tired of constantly creating my own materials or adapting general ed materials for my special students. My books are written using ABA theories and can be taught in discreet trial format or in small group situations. I also wrote a series for teaching numbers.
It sounds like my books would be perfect for you.
Check us out a www.room52publications.com

ateam

Reged: 07/26/08
Re: teaching the alphabet to preschool autistic child? [Re: mexdgo]
      #786 - 07/29/08 03:26 PM

Hi mexdgo
Thanks for the link to your website. I know exactly what you are talking about making your own teaching materials, there really is nothing available...at least until now!!
I ordered all 4 books from your site b/c I really need to get working on number recognition as well as letters. I am so glad to finally have something concrete to work with. I am looking forward to your shapes and colors book too. I hope it comes out soon.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 10774

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Autism