Home - Autism Symptoms - Autism Videos - Autism Organizations - Autism Message Boards - Articles - Contact

DUE TO EXCESSIVE SPAM ON OUR MESSAGE BOARDS, NEW REGISTRATIONS HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

Autism Key Message Boards Discussion Forums

Disorders & Conditions >> PDD-NOS (Adults)

Pages: 1
Adam10

Reged: 02/09/09
NEW HERE!
      #871 - 02/09/09 01:15 PM

I'm new to this forum, so hello everyone. I was actually diagnosed with PDD-NOS 2 months ago, and I'm 33. I have 10 kids and a beautiful wife. 4 of my children are High Functioning Autistic. And I work as an accountant. It was kind of a strange way that I was diagnosed. We had a therepist at the house for my daughter, and they noticed that I would line everything up and I made no eye contact at all. So they asked if I've ever been diagnosed. After months of denial I decided to go and get evaluated to just sort of prove them wrong, and what do you know they diagnosed me. Its been sort of a struggle for me to accept this, but it explains alot of things for me. It helps me understand why I do the things I do. But anyways, its nice to have a place where I can meet other parents with children with forms of autism or being autistic themselves.

THanks!

Adam.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
GabesMom

Reged: 04/15/09
Loc: United States
Re: NEW HERE! [Re: Adam10]
      #913 - 04/16/09 04:36 PM

That's funny that you mentioned you line things up. I have a son that was diagnosed as PDD-NOS at age 4 and I never even thought about my husband having it as well, though now I think he does. He also lines things up, and has a very hard time doing more than 1 thing at a time. I always thought he was more interested in his tv program than me, but maybe he really doesn't hear me talking to him. I just never even considered the possibility. Thanks for sharing.
GabesMom

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4736

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Autism