Home - Autism Symptoms - Autism Videos - Autism Organizations - Autism Message Boards - Articles - Contact

DUE TO EXCESSIVE SPAM ON OUR MESSAGE BOARDS, NEW REGISTRATIONS HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

Autism Key Message Boards Discussion Forums

Disorders & Conditions >> Classic Autism (3-6 years old)

Pages: 1
EllaHay

Reged: 07/09/08
Vasodilation and our road to recovery
      #766 - 07/09/08 06:18 PM

Hello, my name is Liz and I am the mother of a 9 year old son with Autism. I would like to share my story in the hope that it will help others who are suffering as we have. I am so very grateful that someone shared their story with me and led us on the road to recovery.

We have struggled for many years with many different therapies and medications with really no benefits for our son. To say I was discouraged was an understatement. In July of last year my youngest son was born and to make a very long story short had severe blood and oxygen loss during birth and was brain damaged. I was desperate for help. Little did I know that in searching for help for my youngest, I would find help for my 2 children.

In September 2007 I was told about a neurologist in Florida who was using vasodilation therapy to treat brain injuries (as well as stroke, autism, cerebral palsy, learning disorders, migraine etc.) with astounding success. I was very skeptical but willing to try anything. I couldn’t believe I hadn’t heard of something that was apparently giving such good results.

I did my research…read some not so good things about the good doc…but that’s to be expected when someone is going against the norm…..successfully. I spoke with other patients, I read the results of the investigation Medicare did on him (which deemed his therapy a Medically Necessary therapy), saw the news stories and patient testimonials on his site…..and went with my gut. I’m so grateful I did.

We started our son (actually both) on the treatment in September of 2007. What we have seen unfold over the past 9 months has surpassed my expectation. His irritability, raging and obsessive behavior is almost completely gone. His coordination and muscle tone have improved and we see tremendous gains in his cognitive abilities. His teachers have also seen the change in him and have asked for the docs information to give to other parents. It is a slow process and the changes have been gradual but we are leaps and bounds ahead of where we were 9 months ago. During our meeting with Special Services at our school it was recommended that a classroom aid replace the personal aid as he no longer needs it.

When I hear of something that is too good to be true….in past experience it usually is, however this therapy for us has been the real deal. I have spoken with other people who have also had fantastic success. A boy with Autism who could not speak and 5 years later is enrolled in college…. there are many others. And the best part is it really is very easy….just administering low doses of meds (which are safer than the others he’s been on).
The basis of the therapy is that blood vessels in certain individuals are constricted and consequently there is inadequate blood and oxygen to certain parts of the brain. (which also explains why hyperbaric therapy has been beneficial for many of these patients)
Vasodilators open these vessels and establish proper blood flow within the brain. The cause of damaged, constricted blood vessels are many including, birth trauma, genetics, vaccination, oxygen deprivation, stroke etc.

Oh – and my youngest son. He’s 11 months old – was walking at 9.5 and his pediatrician has called him a medical miracle. This is a kid who’s apgar scores were 0 0 0 2….skull plates collapsing from lack of brain growth….seizures …you name it. He was just graduated from physical therapy because they no longer feel it is necessary.

Sorry for the long post. I don’t want to post the docs info as I don’t want this to seem like a marketing ploy. I’m just a mom who is glad someone shared their story with me.
If you want to contact me privately, please do so and I can share with you more info.
Liz

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
EllaHay

Reged: 07/09/08
Re: Vasodilation and our road to recovery [Re: EllaHay]
      #768 - 07/13/08 07:41 PM

My private e-mail is lshayward@optonline.net if you would like to contact me.

sherin

Reged: 07/28/08
      #779 - 07/28/08 02:53 AM

I am a first visitor of this site.It is very interesting one.It is very informative also.It is very useful for new generation also.
=========================
sherin
Addiction Recovery West Virginia

NicBrock

Reged: 08/01/08
Loc: Cumbria, England
      #788 - 08/01/08 03:07 AM

Hello,

I tried to email you at your private address but it came back to me as failed. So, I thought I would try you here.

I am an American (from California) living in England the past 12 years. My youngest son just turned 7 and has autism. I read with interest your message because my son had a traumatic birth and was large at 10lbs 6oz.

I would really love some more info please. My email address is nicola_brockbanks@yahoo.co.uk.

I am so pleased at your results you must be so delighted for your two boys.

Thank you,

NicBrock

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 14 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 9135

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Autism