Home - Autism Symptoms - Autism Videos - Autism Organizations - Autism Message Boards - Articles - Contact

DUE TO EXCESSIVE SPAM ON OUR MESSAGE BOARDS, NEW REGISTRATIONS HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

Autism Key Message Boards Discussion Forums

Disorders & Conditions >> Hyperlexia

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

hyperlexia
      #210 - 07/17/06 06:03 PM

My husband and I think that he has Hyperlexia. Are there any adults out there with it?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
MKS

Reged: 08/09/08
Re: hyperlexia [Re: Anonymous]
      #790 - 08/09/08 10:27 PM

My son is 13. He was diagnosed hyperlexic when he was 3 1/2. He is doing great and hopefully this continues. He has been in different therapies. He has friends, finished Taekwondo with his black belt, won friendliest and most popular last year, river-rafts down the Kern on 4 sized rapids, spends the night with friends, goes to school dances, went to sixth grade camp with his peers, is interested in sports and loves guitar hero and rock band. I still worry and when things crop up we sit down and discuss them. He knows he has hyperlexia and wishes it would disappear, but also knows a few of the guys in his social group have austim, so at least he's not the only one.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 8750

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Autism