Home - Autism Symptoms - Autism Videos - Autism Organizations - Autism Message Boards - Articles - Contact

DUE TO EXCESSIVE SPAM ON OUR MESSAGE BOARDS, NEW REGISTRATIONS HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

Autism Key Message Boards Discussion Forums

General Discussion >> New Member Area

Pages: 1
vesmom07

Reged: 07/17/07
New
      #482 - 07/20/07 10:43 PM

Hello everyone. I am new to this board. My daughter is high functioning autistic but don't let the words "high-functioning" trick you. Everyday is a struggle. Just wanted to say hi. Its unfortunate we have to join this type of board but I am glad one is here!!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mpeters1200

Reged: 07/24/07
Loc: SE Oklahoma
Re: New [Re: vesmom07]
      #487 - 07/24/07 08:05 PM

Howdy doody.

I'm Melissa and I just joined the board. There isn't much high functioning about my son either. My doc tends to use the term high functioning and AS interchangably. I don't think he's made up his mind yet. Welcome.

Melissa

--------------------
Proud mom of 3 boys, proud step mom of 5 kids, and gonna be a gramma soon.

ILuvThree_w_Aut

Reged: 09/28/07
Loc: LoneStar State
Re: New [Re: mpeters1200]
      #553 - 09/28/07 12:10 PM

Do the doctors ever??? unless they live with it, i don't think they ever will get it completely.Having a child with autism, is one of those, personal experience things. I have finally come to accept it, that no one will get it, nor will i kick scream, beg or plead for them to,I'll let my chidlren do it for me,lol
High functioning is a term, that baffles me, there are still struggles on day to day basis, that can leave you just as tiered and dis made. So honestly,the term shouldn't exist. A struggle is a struggle, no matter what level it's on.Just my personal opinion.

Welcome guys...

Anna Marie

--------------------
Proud mother of three amazing children , that just happen to have Autism.

Edited by ILuvThree_w_Aut (09/28/07 12:16 PM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 8443

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Autism