Home - Autism Symptoms - Autism Videos - Autism Organizations - Autism Message Boards - Articles - Contact

DUE TO EXCESSIVE SPAM ON OUR MESSAGE BOARDS, NEW REGISTRATIONS HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

Autism Key Message Boards Discussion Forums

General Discussion >> New Member Area

Pages: 1
cosken

Reged: 11/13/08
A New Website For Autism
      #845 - 11/19/08 12:54 PM

Hi, my name is Ken and I have a 10 year old daughter that has autism. About six months ago, I had an idea for a website that I thought would benefit children with Autism. As most of you know, the amount of information available regarding Autism is overwhelming, and much of it is confusing, conflicting, or unhelpful. Many of us have tried therapies, products, and techniques that have led us down a lengthy and expensive road to nowhere. But some of the things we’ve tried have really helped.

I wanted to put together a positive, helpful, and reliable source of information based on the actual experiences of parents and caregivers of children with Autism. So I designed a site that’s a hybrid between blogs, message boards, online magazines, and traditional websites. I’m happy to say, the website is now up and running at www.asdvoice.com.

The information currently populating the site is my daughters. I've shared our stories in hopes that they will help someone else. However, for this site to be successful, I need other parents to share their experiences too. Although I've worked on it for months, I feel the site is still in its infancy. When it matures, I hope it will be a concise package of information that will have something for anyone touched by Autism.

I am looking for stories that people would like to share about their personal experiences with things that have improved their lives. The focus of the site is strictly positive. The site is not necessarily about telling how your child was cured, but more about things that have made a difference in a positive way for your child. You’ll get the idea when you visit the site.

Finally, I want to say that this site is about helping others…period. I do not make money from the site, endorse products, or sell advertising or merchandise. In fact I do all the work and pay for hosting and any other costs myself. This insures an unbiased information exchange. In addition, I ask questions of all the authors before I post an article to make sure the story is not motivated by sales of product or services. So the question then becomes, “why would I spend the time?”. I think in the end, my daughter will benefit from this project. That’s my motivation. Fortunately, others will benefit too.
If you have a personal story that would help someone else, please visit the site and share it.

http://www.asdvoice.com

Thanks,

Ken

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4903

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Autism